-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anthony
Youngman
Sent: Friday, 22 June 2007 10:16 p.m.
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] [UV] Trigger(s) on distributed file

Then things really are confusing ... I'm talking about the file-type
introduced by Prime, and officially managed using the DEFINE.DF command.

By "multi-part", do you mean the Pick style NEW.ACCOUNT,PIOPEN type
file? I'm certainly not thinking of those - they were never in PI and
I've never had cause to use them. I wouldn't presume to know anything
about them.

Distributed files, as known on Prime, never to my knowledge had any
physical existence other than as individual part-files. As far as I was
aware, the UV implementation had similar characteristics ...

Cheers,
Wol