You can setup SQL Server for access via XML and utilize the XML tools within
Universe to extrapolate the data. I did this a few years back before the XML
tools were available, so it should be an easy task these days.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: U2 Users Digest V1 #1707

U2 Users Digest       Wednesday, June 27 2007       Volume 01 : Number 1707

In this issue:

    [U2] The best way to access SQLServer from UV

Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:09:44 -0500
From: "Jerry Banker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [U2] The best way to access SQLServer from UV

I know this question has come up before but there have been many new
developments in Universe including a whole new release so I'm going to ask
it anyway. Also I know that it sometimes it's a matter of what you have been
taught.

What is the best way to get information to and from a SQLServer database
using Universe Basic?

I would prefer to hear about built in features and not outside sources. Not
that I don't appreciate that you guys have some wonderful products but we
have a fully qualified staff of programmers here and other than the
operating systems we have pretty much developed everything we have in-house.

We are running Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 with uniVerse 10.1.12
Reality flavor. The SQLServer will be on a Windows 2003 Server and most
likely the latest version of SQLServer. We are not opposed to upgrading the
Linux or uniVerse if that would give us more to work with.

Jerry