We're using PayFlow Pro from PayPal (previously Verisign) to do
verification from UV.  It's not an MV specific product, but was
nonetheless pretty trivial to integrate.  They supply an OS level
executable that calls their web service in real-time.  We just put
together a flat XML file from within UV, send it to the PayFlow
executable via a BASIC EXECUTE, then parse the XML we get back.  We've
been using it for about a year and a half and it's been working
flawlessly for us.

-John