REPOSTED FOR NON-MEMBER ADDRESS: John Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--
BOUNCE NOTICE:

Phil
That's one for Accuterm - Accuterm supports connectivity to U2 rather than vice-versa. Try using Dynamic Connect - if that works then the problem is with the Accuterm software, possibly with the DL software version included in this case. If DC does not work on a straight telnet outside SSH and you have a valid database license for DL then either you have a (very old) version; the version of DC is out of step with the database; or you have something else getting in the way..... Device Licensing exchanges tokens between client and server using credentials obtained from the client (see SYSTEM(51)). If this information is being denied or trashed in some way then that would explain it to some extent. If DC works direct and not via SSH compare SYSTEM(51) between the two. I have assumed that you are using the correct DL shell if you are on Unix .......... "uv", "uvsh" and "udt" will not cut it. If however DC does not work within SSH - and it *does* work outside SSH then you have an issue with something SSH is doing. This may not be an easy one to resolve. Of course there is always SSL (included with the U2 clients and int he databases), Default port 992 I recall. Regards JayJay