From: Bernard Lubin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2007 6:21 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Disappearing Indexes on UniVerse

I have several instances of indexes disappearing.  The symptom is as
follows:
 The index file is still present at unix, but it looks like it has been
re-initialised (It looks like someone has manually deleted the index,
then
re-issued the CREATE-INDEX without running the BUILD.INDEX)
 This seems to happen after we have run a RESIZE on the system.  We do
not
disable the index prior to running the RESIZE command. But there have
been
instances of the index just disappearing when no RESIZE was done on the
system.
  Our normal users do not have access to TCL, and no programs issues the
"DELETE-INDEX" command. The indexing of a file can only be done by the
system administrator.

Has anyone experienced similar situation?  If so, how did you resolve
it?

Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Bernard Lubin
Development Department
Reynolds and Reynolds