Dave

The U2UG board were discussing webinars at the last meeting.

FYI IBM are starting an interesting ball rolling with some podcasts coming
out in the next months - personally I think these are a great idea because
a) they are low tech b) I can listen in my car c) they tend to be a little
more informal (I had a good CD of podcasts from Microsoft when .net 2.0 was
first released) d) they are simple and - e) without video - well, let's just
say some of us are less than perfectly photogenic...

Webinars will take some organizing and even if they are real time you miss
out on all the other stuff that a good conference brings (the face to face
and foyer discussions), but we're definitely interested in getting some off
the ground and we've already put some topics on the table.

The only problem will be time zones.. I already have to hold the board
meetings at midnight  and unfortunately I lose the power of cogent speech
around pumpkin time..

Brian