-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Perry Taylor
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 6:56 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2][UV] List-type Item File

I have a need to store records which are lists of record ids, much like
those
in &SAVEDLISTS&, and I'm been trying to find the best file type to use.
There
will be millions of records in this file, with the number of attributes
varying from just a few to thousands.

This file will only be accessed by explicit item id and never queried.

I cannot use a type 1/19 file due to the number of records without
burning up
an excessive number of inodes (this is on Linux).  I would like to use a
dynamic file but I'm concerned about the varying size of the records and
performance.

Any suggestions?

Perry Taylor
ZirMed
626 West Main St , 6th Floor ● Louisville, KY 40202
www.zirmed.com <http://www.zirmed.com/>