-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Pflueger
Sent: 22 July 2007 14:52
To: U2 User Group Mailing List
Subject: [U2] Unidata 7.1 / RedBack 4.2.6 / Connections dropping?

Hi all,

We've recently implemented a workaround on our Solaris 9 (production)
box to restartrgw on a daily basis...immediately following our backup
script that essentially runs dbpause, breaks mirror, dbresume, backups
the broken mirrored disk, and mirror resync. In addition, we're also
running UD w/ RFS enabled. The problems that we are facing (hence why
the workaround was implemented to restartrgw) was that RedBack would
intermittently drop connections if it goes for 3-4 days or so without
being restarted. By dropping connections I'm referring to anytime our
apps that use RedBack (very few anymore that we're developing our apps
with UniObjects) would result in unsuccessful db connection attempts.
Restartrgw seems to solve the immediate issue as does restartrgw on a
daily basis.

Has anybody out there running a similar setup encountered such
situations and is 'restartrgw' ultimately the best solution here? We
are, in fact, also running REDBACK.GC via a process that runs nightly
to keep garbage collection clean so I don't believe it's GC that is
part of the problem. Not sure if this makes sense or not, but it seems
to have started soon as we turned on RFS.

TIA,
Andy Pflueger