REPOSTED FOR NON-MEMBER ADDRESS: "Jonathan Lienhoop" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Bounce Notice:If you read this list through Indexfocus, Nabble, or any
other replicator - and you would like to be able to participate - sign up
directly with us. Here's all you need to know: To subscribe or resubscribe
please visit http://listserver.u2ug.org/.

I am new to .NET and uniobjects for .net and have been given the task of
writing a web based program that can pull data out of our universe
database.  I am running AIX 5.2 Universe 10.1.7.  My question is to make
sure I'm using session's and files appropriately.

1st - Is there anyway to implement something like connection pooling in
a C# .NET 2005 web application??  So far I have read that it only works
in a windows application.  I want to have some way of calling a
connection to the DB once, perform many read operations and then close
the session.  I don't have enough licenses, to maintain an open session
for each user that accesses my program.

2nd - After I read a file, is there anything I need to do (like closing
the file)?  If not, when do I need to close the file?

Jonathan Lienhoop
Marvin Johnson & Associates, Inc.
1.800.457.5255