From: Wally Terhune
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 10:48 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] SQL query locks

If this is UniData, we fixed a problem in this area at 6.1.7 (released
3/18/05):

Issue 6917 - Problem Description

UniData -- A lock release in SQL UPDATE failed, causing SQL to hold the
locks for records that were excluded from the query with a WHERE clause.
A fix to the lock checking utility corrected this issue.

Hi,
We have a Cold Fusion app that is using SQL queries.  It's locking
records, unfortunately as many as 100 at a time.  Is there a way to do
the query without locking records?  We're not updating anything.
Pam

--
Pamela J Robbins             New Bolton Center
Senior Programmer Analyst    School of Veterinary Medicine