From: Pamela J Robbins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:27 AM
To: Chris Dunbar
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [U2] SQL query locks]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [U2] SQL query locks
Date:   Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:58:04 +1000
From:   Ray Wurlod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org

If this is UniVerse there is a uvconfig parameter MAXRLOCK that specifies
how many record locks to take (on an INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE statement)
before choosing to use a FILELOCK.  Reducing this parameter will mean fewer
record locks per query, at the cost of greater danger of another updating
process being locked out of the table till the first process finishes its
updates.

Pamela J Robbins             New Bolton Center
Senior Programmer Analyst    School of Veterinary Medicine
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       University of Pennsylvania
610-925-6438