Jonathan:

The connection pooling feature can be turned on by using the code examples I
gave
you.  One was a connection form and the other was an "app.config" file in the
.NET
application.  When I tested the project my connection pooling license showed one
connection.  I'm not sure how many connections one can get and whether they only
allow one connection at a time (thus non-persistent http connections are what
the
license is designed for).

Writing a connection pool is certainly doable.  Research on the internet shows:

1) ADO Connection Pooling Explained
http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2004/02/09/connpool.html

2) Understanding Connection Pooling in .NET
http://aspalliance.com/1099_Understanding_Connection_Pooling_in_NET

3) ADO.NET: Connection Pooling
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/doc/adoplus/connectionpooling.aspx

4) Take advantate of .NET connection pooling
http://www.builderau.com.au/program/dotnet/soa/Take-advantage-of-Net-connection-pooli
ng/0,339028399,339269541,00.htm

I have no personal experience actually writing one.  However, in a "production"
environment, our .NET consultants supposedly gave us a connection pool but it
failed
weekly, which required a reboot of the .NET web server.  In addition, when the
last
connection was terminated at the dbms end we also had to reboot the .NET web
server.
However, considering we were using PDP.NET at the time it's quite possible that
this
junk software was also involved somehow.  Anyway, noone could figure this out
so we
moved to mv.NET and removed the connection pooling from the .NET code.

Hope this helps.

Bill