We are upgrading to Unidata 7.1, with Window Server 2003 and purchasing
a new server.  I would be interested in opinions on hardware
specifications from the group.

Thanks,

Michael Martin

**********

Michael,

Insufficient data.
Number of users? Size of database? Redundancy desired? Ratio of reads to
writes today? Anticipated growth? Expected server longevity?

Regards,

Bob Wyatt

**********

Bob,

Here is some additional data...

Number of users?        40 user

Size of database?       21 Gig in Live Realm / 75 gig all Realms / Live
Realm gets 99% of activity.

Redundancy desired?     RAID 5 or HP's RAID 6

Ratio of reads to writes today?  3/2 READ/WRITE

Anticipated growth?             30% a year

Expected server longevity?      3 to 7 years

Michael Martin