It is possible that it's maxing out the temp area, which is probably defined
smaller on the test system than on the live system?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jerry Banker
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:56 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] UV Printer file size limit reached

Today I came across an error I've never had before. While updating a
field on all of the records of a file (approximately 400,000) I received
the error below and the program halted in the debugger. I wasn't running
the program in the debugger. This is happening on our test system that's
running Red Hat Linux AS 3 and UniVerse 10.2.4. The program I am running
is a short program that reads each record, it gets from a select list,
and substitutes the value in a field with another value then writes the
record back out. No big whoop. It runs without any errors on our live
system running the same Linux version but on 10.1.12 of UniVerse. The
config on both systems is set up the same, or at least the same config
directives that are on both systems. The test version is a 5 user
workgroup version and the live system is a 117 user enterprise version,
if that makes a difference. This has happened more than once on more
than one file. The first time I was able to do a 'C' when the debugger
prompt showed up but the second time it quit the session before I could
continue it.

Printer file size limit reached

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material not
intended for Public use.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify
the sender and delete the material from any and all computers or devices.