Hi David

Just a thought, but you could change your approach to this and use some
newer technologies such as MQ or web services using connection pooling.
These are designed to handle issues like you have mentioned better than the
phantom process.

Regards

David Jordan

Managing Consultant
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile: 0428 669 730

Phone: 61 2 9418 8329
Fax:     61 2 9427 2371
PO Box 909
Lane Cove
NSW 2066
Australia
www.dacono.com.au

CAUTION: This email and any attachments are confidential, may be privileged,
and are intended for use solely by the addressee. The confidentiality and/or
privilege in this email is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been
transmitted to you in error. If you receive this email in error, please
notify Dacono by reply email immediately, delete the email and destroy any
printed copies. You must not disclose, disseminate, distribute, reproduce or
use the information contained in this email which may contain intellectual
property or copyright irrespective whether you are or are not the intended
recipient. The content and opinions contained in this email are those of the
individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of
Dacono. Dacono does not guarantee that this email is free from viruses,
errors, interception or interference. Use of this email and any attachments
is at the sole risk of the user. Dacono does not accept any liability for
any loss or damage to your computer system or network (including any
consequential damage) which may occur directly or indirectly from the use of
this email.