-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rex Gozar
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:29 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] -UV- HTTP secure logins

Karl,

The site you want to access may be using either cookies, form variables,
or both for user authentication.  In order to use curl, wget, or any
other programmatic retrieval, you will need to understand what exactly
needs to be passed back and forth between the client and the website.

I suggest getting FireFox (if you do not have it already) and installing
  one of the free plug-ins that displays the http content headers and
manually, while logging any cookies, session ids, and the like.  You
will then be prepared to create the curl scripts for automating the
retrieval.

I suspect that your script will have to mimic the user/password form
request, get the cookies from the response, and pass them in the
subsequent data request.  I also suspect that the cookie will be set to
expire once the session ends, so you will not be able to reuse it for
the next request.

rex