If you're using Windows, you can simply write to a shared Windows directory
that is
defined as the "pickup" directory to the SMTP server.

We've configured SMTP as a relay on our UDT server and just forward emails to
our
real email server.  This methodology doesn't relieve your UDT server from
sending
email but does route it through your managed email server.

Bill