not a problem that I recognize (having  been reported and escalated to me,
etc)
SETPTR options specified?
OS version?
UniData version?
Collision with backup software or AV software checking directories?
no clue, really...   :-(

 Wally Terhune
 SWG Client Support - Information
 Management Software
 U2 Support Architect b IBM U2
 Client Support Team
 4700 S. Syracuse St., Denver, CO
 80237
 Tel: (303) 773-7969   T/L
 656-7969
 Mobile: (303) 807-6222
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

             "Bill Haskett"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             os.net>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             stserver.u2ug.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [U2] UD spooler entry explosion
             01/03/2008 10:11
             PM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                er.u2ug.org

I've been having very unusual UD spooler problems.  A spooler entry, for a
two page
report, seems to keep loading over, and over, and over, and over into the
spooler
job; thus creating a spooler entry of, perhaps, 15Gb.

In the past, this has shutdown our UD server.  I created an environment
variable for
DTA_SPOOL to point to a file on another Windows drive.  Now, if the spooler
fills up
it fills up another drive then UD doesn't crash, just spooled jobs abort.

I've noticed this problem about six or seven times in the past 18 months.
We run the
exact same report, that created the most recent large hold file, hundreds
of times
over the past 30 days, using the exact same software, without incidence.

I've saved the most recent 17Gb spooler file of a simple two page report,
in case IBM
is interested, and wonder has anyone experienced such unusual behavior on
UD.

Thanks,

Bill Haskett
Advantos Systems, Inc.