> Anyone out there using and / or have a recommendation for a
> forms imaging / document overlay software package that runs
> in a Universe / AIX environment.
> Goal being to use the software rather than buy pre-printed
> forms. Any ideas would be appreciated.

One package I am aware of is Optio.  It does forms overlay printing and
a lot more...for quite a lot of money.

If you are using printers like the newer HP LJ4250's which can take an
inexpensive flash memory card, you can store the forms overlays as PCL
macros in the printer.  Then about 2 or three lines of code added to
your forms printing program will merge the form overlay with the
content.  This has the added benefit of not consuming network bandwidth
to transmit the form each time it is printed.