I can't speak authoritatively for Prelude (Activant), but I suspect they
more or less followed where SB+ went.  They made a tremendous effort to
convert their whole application from all legacy code to SB+ about 13
years ago.  Perhaps it was general fear for the future of D3, perhaps it
was fear that SB+ would cease to be supported on D3, or perhaps since
IBM owned the whole mess and they were IBM business partners, they
thought it was the prudent thing to do.

>From our standpoint, we were happy with D3.  It did everything we needed
and I really liked FlashConnect for web connectivity.  But we were about
3 major versions behind on the Prelude application code and wanted some
of the newer features.  When Prelude said they would not support the
newer versions on D3, we were forced to switch. Conversion by coercion.

Norman Morgan <> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <> http://www.brake.com
Orville Wright didn't have a pilot's license.