If your subroutines don't return their name in the error message when they
fail, the only other things I've done is to use RAID, or to put debug
statements in the programs:

IF UPCASE(@SENTENCE) MATCHES "0X'DEBUG'0X" THEN DEBUG = @TRUE ELSE DEBUG =
@FALSE

IF DEBUG THEN DISPLAY "Begin subroutine DO.SOMETHING":DATE():' ':TIME()
CALL DO.SOMETHING(ARGS...)
IF DEBUG THEN DISPLAY "End subroutine DO.SOMETHING":DATE():' ':TIME()

-- Louie

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Jacques G. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If there a way for a subroutine to know that it has been called from
within a

>  BEGIN TRANSACTION
>  END TRANSACTION
>
>  I've got a subroutine somewhere that is calling an illegal command for a
transaction block and having hard time finding where the call is coming
from.

-- Louie

http://louieinseattle.blogspot.com/ (updated 3/1/08)
http://www.cafepress.com/louieinseattle