I was not trying to offend anyone with that remark but back in the day
typing was something that girls took and boys took shop. It was a fact
not an accusation. Although I think it would have been a great asset for
me today at the time it was hard enough trying to get through all of the
social pressures without creating an additional one of my own making.
Social norms change and today both genders do and should learn how to
type because most of the kids will go into office jobs. Back then most
men were likely to end up tightening a nut and bolt.

Jerry Banker