-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Clifton Oliver
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 6:36 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] UniObjects.NET: .GenerateXML method fails

Greetings, List Citizens (Litizens?)

A client of mine and I are having problems with using UniObjects.NET and
the GenerateXML menthod to populate a data grid in VB.NET. The following
code, almost a cut-and-paste from Brian Leach's excellent Introducing
UniObject for .NET in the U2UG Knowledge Base runs perfectly on UV PE
10.2.8 on Windows XP SP2 using the 10.2 UV clients.

     Private Sub cmdRead_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles cmdRead.Click
         Cmd = uvSession.CreateUniXML
         Cmd.GenerateXML("SORT CUSTOMER COMPANY ID.SUP")
         DS = Cmd.GetDataSet
         DataGridView1.DataSource = DS
         DataGridView1.DataMember = "CUSTOMER"
         DataGridView1.Refresh()
     End Sub

  But when we try the exact code against an AIX system, UV 10.1.7 using
the 10.1A clients, we get the following error:

[IBM U2][UODOTNET - UNICLIENT][ErrorCode=30105] Unable to load the
subroutine on the server[IBM U2][UODOTNET - UNICLIENT][ErrorCode=91]
Please verify UniVerse or UniData Version. This feature may not be
supported in older UniVerse or UniData version.

In both cases, I am going against the CUSTOMER file in the demo HS.SALES
account. I have logged into the AIX system with the same ID as is being
used to connect a session and verified that I have permissions to access
the file. The command SORT CUSTOMER COMPANY ID.SUP TOXML ELEMENTS issued
from the TCL prompt gives the expected results. None of the dictionary
descriptors are trying to call a subroutine, so I don't understand what
that part of the error message is referring to.

Thanks in advance for any help, ideas, or insights.

Regards,

Clif