Was the copy done with the COPY verb, or with the host O/S file copy?

Regards,

Clif

On May 15, 2008, at 6:01 PM, Tom Dodds wrote:

My experience says that you have to be careful copying the catdir directory. You can get some corrupt data because of the funny characters in the object
code stored in catdir.  Be careful and verify the content, maybe with
VCATALOG, before you stash it away. You will have to verify it each time to
copy it because the object may change.

I lost a migration weekend because of copying catdir and getting corrupt
data.

Tom Dodds
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
630.235.2975

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Clifton Oliver
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 4:55 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Global Catalog - Recovery

Cataloging locally might not be an option if there are a lot of
programs that

      CALL *XYZ(...)

or the old Prime way of

      XYZ = "*XYZ"
      CALL @XYZ(...)

Bill, Globally cataloged programs (the ones with the * as the first
character) are stored in the catalog "space" which is really a
subdirectory in the UV account called catdir. If you copy the catdir
directory, I believe you will have what you need.

Regards,

Clif

--
W. Clifton Oliver, CCP