I don't think this is relevant, but I'll throw it out there as a
longshot....

We had a problem with JDBC where we would get memory leaks if we didn't
close our Statements.  Closing the connection wasn't enough (in most
databases, closing the connection implicitly closes the statements).
The Statement held a reference to the Connection which held a reference
to all of it's Statements, and the Connection object (which has a HUGE
memory footprint!) would hang out forever (thank heavens for profilers
for helping us figure this out).

Obviously, this is not remotely the same problem, but my point is,
assuming the ODBC interface has an analogous Statement object, try
making sure you close them if you don't already....

Geoffrey Mitchell
Programmer/Analyst
Home Decorator's Collection
314-684-1062