Bill;

We haven't had trouble since an early version of version 6 had an "overly
optimized" version of udtsort.

Are any of those subroutines returning data from a remote file? UniData
doesn't have a link to the remote file to know when it's updated so the index
won't be updated.

Are they supposed to be multivalued?

hth
Colin Alfke
Calgary Canada

> From: wphaskett
>
> As a follow up, here's an index that was corrupted earlier:
>
> 2 Dev (0)-> LIST-INDEX ARTMASTER
> Alternate Key Index Details for File ARTMASTER          Page   1
>
> File..................  ARTMASTER
> Alternate key length..  45
> Node/Block size.......  4K
> OV blocks.............  1 (0 in use, 0 overflowed)
> Indices...............  3 (0 D-type)
> Index updates.........  Enabled, No updates pending
>
> Index-Name......  F-type K-type Built Empties Dups In-DICT S/M
F-no/VF-expr....

OCONV( *OCONV( @ID, 'G1*1' )*, 'MR%7' )))