Some more info....

Along with the errors I sent in the earlier email, I'm occasionally
seeing

[EBADF] Bad file number

The file that is being read on line 31 of this subroutine (where the
read operation failure is being generated) is a q-pointer. The file is a
multi-level/directory file with a few "sections" - it is a type 3, which
I have never seen before. When I select or count this file in the
account where the file lives, I get no errors, which leads me to believe
that it is not a data issue.

The file that is being selected when this error is produced is also a
q-pointer to a file in the other (same) account. This is a plain hashed
file.