  From:       "Lunt, Bruce" <bl...@shaklee.com>

  To:         "'u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org'" <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>

  Date:       01/23/2009 03:34 PM

  Subject:    RE: [U2] Looking for advice on upgrading from Unidata 6.0 to
Unid ata 7.1 o n HP9000 HPUX 11

  Sent by:    owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org

I have another question that is more generic: Can we upgrade one box to 7.1
and NFS mount a file that is on the 6.0 box and still read and write the
data? Or is there something about the upgrade that changes the underlying
file?

This would allow us to begin testing without having to perform a full
restore of the data.

Thanks,
Bruce