Does anyone have the magic bullet? We have a UniVerse account that was backed
up using uvbackup on an AIX platform. We restored the account on to a Windows
platform and the sky fell in.

Firstly there was the 13 (14?) character naming boundary. File names & record
names that were longer than this boundary were broken in the Unix system into
"acceptable" chunks. I think this protocol dates back decades
(centuries?<chuckle>). Well so far with much fiddling and leg work we have
gotten passed that.

Now the indices on files are failing to maintain their integrity. This is what
happens:
1. Look for a record using a keyed search and it was not found
2. Rebuild the indices using BUILD.INDEX
3. Repeat #1 and the record was found
4. Add or edit a record affecting a keyed field and the indices return to #1.

What's the answer? Do we need to change the way we physically port the account?
Is there a tool that will resolve the problem? Should we create a new empty
account and copy all the records into it, then build the indices?

All thoughts and guidance appreciated.

Our UniVerse is:
>CT VOC RELLEVEL

     RELLEVEL
0001 X
0002 10.1.11
0003 PICK
0004 PICK.FORMAT
0005 10.1.11

Thanks,

Jeffrey Lee
Senior Analyst/Programmer

IT Vision Australia Pty Ltd (ABN: 34 309 336 904)
PO Box 881, Canning Bridge WA 6153
Level 3, Kirin Centre, 15 Ogilvie Road, Applecross, WA, 6153
P:  (08) 9315 7000    F: (08) 9315 7088
W: http://www.itvision.com.au

NOTICE : This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only
and may
contain confidential or privileged material. Any unauthorised review, use,
alteration,
disclosure or distribution of this e-mail (including any attachments) by an
unintended recipient
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
as soon as
possible by return e-mail and then delete both messages.