From: owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of
ro...@optonline.net
Sent: 04 March 2009 17:37
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Universe Index not working

AIX 5.3   Universe 10.2.4  300+ user license

Moved from older aix/universe 9.5 to current one in September 2008.
No index problems.

File contains 1.5 million records.   key = company number * customer
number.xx.invoicenumber.invoicesubnumber.
so the key looks like
01*123456.IN.10000123.2
01*123456.IN.10000123.3

The invoice number should be unique, except for the subnumbers.
dictionary #2 - FIELD(FIELD(@ID,'*',3),'.',2.2)

On Monday, SELECT FILE WITH INVOICE EQ "1000123.2" found 0 records.
Other SELECTS seemed to work.    The keys are clean, no special
characters.
SELECT FILE WITH INVOICE EQ "1000123.2" NO.INDEX finds 2 records?

I did a build.index file on Tuesday morning.  didnt work.
Late Tuesday evening, I deleted the index and recreated it and then
rebuilt it.  didnt work.
I also copied the contents of the file and the dictionaries from one
file to a new one.  recreated and rebuilt the index.   so no luck.

There are no error messages.  nothing reported when files were copied.
same number records before and after.

Any thoughts?
Tonight I'll try a universe shutdown and restart.

Thanks.
Roger Glenfield

Please remember to recycle wherever possible.
Reduce, reuse, recycle, think do you need to print this e-mail?
This e-mail and any attachment(s), is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the
addressee, dissemination, copying or use of this e-mail or any of its content
is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient please
inform the sender immediately and destroy the e-mail, any attachment(s) and any
copies. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted
by law. It is your responsibility to scan or otherwise check this email and any
attachment(s). Unless otherwise stated (i) views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender (ii) no contract may be construed by this
e-mail. Emails may be monitored and you are taken to consent to this
monitoring.

Civica Services Limited, Company No. 02374268; Civica UK Limited, Company No.
01628868
Both companies are registered in England and Wales and each has its registered
office at 2 Burston Road, Putney, London, SW15 6AR.