David,

Not sure what you need to accomplish, Brian's offer looks promising.

You might also try INPUTIF.  I use it in status screens. .... got the idea from
my days working with computer aided dispatch.

ACT=''
LOOP
   INPUTIF YOUR.WISH THEN
        BEGIN CASE
           CASE UPCASE(YOUR.WISH) MATCHES XQUIT ; ACT = "EOJ"
           CASE YOUR.WISH GE 1 AND LE OPTION.CNT ; Go do the option nbr
           CASE 1 ; Error handler here
        END CASE
   END ELSE
      SLEEP REFRESH.SEC.CNT.FROM.INSTALLATION.PARAMS
      GOSUB REFRESH.AMBULANCE.STATUS.SCRN
   END
UNTIL ACT = 'EOJ'
REPEAT

We have someone who watches a status screen for Credit Card Auths that are on
some status that requires human interaction.  Works nice.

-Baker

I'm sure I've seen something about this recently, but I've searched the
past 2 years with no luck. I want to do a timed INPUT in UV - if after n
seconds the Enter key hasn't been pressed, do something.
Anyone got any clever ways of doing this ?

Thanks,
========================
David Norman
Senior Software Engineer - SA Ambulance Service

ICT Services
SA Health
Government of South Australia

This communication, its contents and any file attachments transmitted with it
are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential
proprietary information.
Access by any other party without the express written permission of the sender
is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you have received this communication in error you may not copy, distribute
or use the contents, attachments or information in any way.  Please destroy it
and contact the sender.