Is it taking 1A as a mask?  One Alphanumeric character?  How many do you
get with "...J..."?

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation

"Israel, John R." <johnisr...@daytonsuperior.com>
Sent by: owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org
04/14/2009 11:06 AM
Please respond to u2-users

        To:     "'u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org'" <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        [U2] Select Problem

I have just encountered an inconsistency between the native UniData select
and the PICK flavored select.

>From a PICK flavored account, it I use the lower case "sselect" to force
native UniData syntax, I get:
  sselect ITMMST WITH F2 LIKE "...J1A..." (6,213 keys - wrong)
If I immediately follow this with the PICK select:
  SELECT ITMMST WITH F2 = "[J1A]" (No keys - correct)

These two statements SHOULD return the same results.  Interestingly, if I
use a less restrictive select (search for J1 instead of J1A), I get the
following:
  sselect ITMMST WITH F2 LIKE "...J1..." (188 keys which is correct)

I am guessing that the UniData flavor is treating the J1A as something
else, but until I can figure out what it is doing, I can not come up with
a work-around.

John Israel
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Dayton Superior Corporation