From: owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Norman, David (Health)
Sent: Wednesday, 27 May 2009 4:02 PM
To: 'u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org'
Subject: [U2] Truncated catdir names

I made an unpleasant discovery when I recataloged (normally) one of my
accounts (UV10.0, HP-UX).
Some of the catalog names became too long (e.g.
*SJ.RR.MAST.DEVELOP*GET.COUNTRY.RESPONSE.SE) and were truncated by the catalog
process (*SJ.RR.MAST.DEVELOP*GET.COUNTRY.RESPONSE.). Unfortunately I had
several programs with similar names (GET.COUNTRY.RESPONSE.ALL, .METRO, .NW,
.RV, & .SE). All of these resulted in the same truncated name so only 1 catdir
entry was created, which was for the last one of the 5 cataloged. The catdir
path is ...catdir/*SJ.RR.MAST.DE/VELOP*GET.COUN with a single file of
*GET.COUN  .
Trying to run the programs results in a warning "File name
*SJ.RR.MAST.DEVELOP*GET.COUTRY.RESPONSE.SE" too long. Truncated to
"*SJ.RR.MAST.DEVELOP*GET.COUNTRY.RESPONSE."

Is this a known limitation ? Why does the directory nesting stop at the 2nd
level ? The VOC entries show the full names.  catdir is type 1 out of the
box.

========================
David Norman
Senior Software Engineer - SA Ambulance Service

************** IMPORTANT MESSAGE *****************************
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information which may be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email,
do not use or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your
system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or
commitment by the sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.