Update #2 - problem resolved

Turns out uvdlockd normally cleans up any orphaned memory segments.  The
uvdlockd.log file in the uv home directory hit the 2GB file size limit
sometime between mid April and mid May, preventing uvdlockd from doing
its job.  When a user was assigned the same UV user # as the previous
owner of the orphaned memory segment, UV would fail to execute.

IBM U2 support also discovered that UV 10.2.7 installed as root on linux
doesn't have the suid bit set on a number of executables that it should.
When the suid bit is set on the correct files, a user's UV session will
clean up a prior orphaned memory segment on its own if uvdlockd hasn't
already (assuming uvdlockd.log isn't full - the process immediately dies
in this case since it also tries to write to the log).  Without the suid
bit set on these files, the process will loop until uvdlockd removes the
segment.  The suid issue is resolved in the current 10.3.1 release (not
sure if it was resolved in this release or a prior one).  These are the
files in `cat /.uvhome`/bin that should have suid set:

-rwsr-x--x 1 root bin   1351096 Dec  5  2007 clean
-rwsr-x--x 1 root bin   3040420 Dec  5  2007 convchar
-rwsr-x--x 1 root bin   1378924 Dec  5  2007 list_readu
-rwsr-x--x 1 root bin     42016 Dec  5  2007 uv
-rwsr-x--x 1 root bin   3035716 Dec  5  2007 uvadmsh
-rwsr-x--x 2 root bin   3134936 Dec  5  2007 uvbackup
-rwsr-x--x 1 root bin   1371152 Dec  5  2007 uvdlockd
-rwsr-x--x 1 root root  5199327 Dec  5  2007 uvdlockd.d
-rwsr-x--x 1 root bin     41888 Dec  5  2007 uvdls
-rwsr-x--x 1 root bin   1358008 Dec  5  2007 uvlictool
-rwsr-x--x 1 root bin      3928 Dec  5  2007 uvpset
-rwsr-x--x 2 root bin   3134936 Dec  5  2007 uvrestore
-rwsr-x--x 1 root bin      3252 Dec  5  2007 uvsetacc
-rwsr-x--x 1 root bin   1354924 Dec  5  2007 uvtl_helper

The IBM U2 support engineer gave me this script to correct the suid
problem:

#!/bin/sh

# Add suid bit to the necessary executables.
# Based on the executables in group MAIN from 10.3.1 release.

# ECase: 11963

Cmds='uvtl_helper uvsetacc uvdlockd uvdlockd.d uv uvpset convchar
uvlictool uvadmsh list_readu uvdls convencfile uvrestore uvbackup clean'

for Cmd in $Cmds
do
if [ -f `cat /.uvhome`/bin/$Cmd ]
then