From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Joshua Gallant
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 10:38 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] XML mapping to multiple files & records

Hi Folks,

Here's a scenario for you:

Let's say there is an XML file containing album & track data that we'd
like to import into 2 different Universe files. A sample layout might be
something like:

<albums>

  <album>

    <album_ID/>

    <album_title/>

    <album_total_runtime/>

    <album_total_tracks/>

    <tracks>

      <track number="1">

        <track_ID/>

        <track_title/>

        <track_artist/>

      </track>

      <track number="2">

        <track_ID/>

        <track_title/>

        <track_artist/>

      </track>

    </tracks>

  <album>

</albums>

What I'm trying to do is have an ALBUMS file and a TRACKS file.  I want
a single record in the ALBUMS file for each album and a record in the
TRACKS file for each track.  Essentially every "album" record in the XML
will product one ALBUMS record and potentially multiple "TRACKS"
records.

The trouble I'm having is getting more than one TRACKS record.  I'm
wondering if anyone has ever tried this before and how their experience
went.  I end up with just one TRACKS record with the first iteration.
Is what I'm trying even possible?  I've opened a case with IBM as well
but figured maybe one of you has been in this situation before.

- Josh