I don't like the way I use mixed case, so it tends to evolve. Not good, because consistency in programming style throughout an application makes for easier maintenance, & maintainability is the god of software quality.

So I am wondering how others use mixed case.
Do you capitalize/lower/mix case for commands? Operators? Variables? Equates? etc.
How do you use/not use special characters in variable names?

For example:
  readu OrderMaster from ORDER.MASTER, OrderMasterId locked ...
  readU OE_rec from OE_f, OE_id  locked ...
  ReadVU OE_Date From ORDER.MASTER, OE$Id,  OE$Date Locked ...
READU order.master.rec( oe$date ) FROM order.master.file, order.master.id LOCKED ...
That sort of thing.

I hesitate to even ask this for fear of starting a war. So ground rules for this thread:

1. NOT about MERITS of Uppercase only vs. Mixed Case programming.
I am only interested in answers from people who actually use mixed case.
2. NOT about GOTO.  Take it outside.
3. This is about PREFERENCE, NOT SUBSTANCE.
    By "substantive" I mean rules like:
       - Only open a file once.
      - Readu should always have a locked clause.
By "preference" I mean stuff like my example. They are all functionally equivalent. 4. NO ARGUMENTS about whether someone's style is good or bad, or yours is better.
      Explaining why you do it a certain way is helpful, though.
Just remember, when it comes to preferences, no two programmers will agree,
      yet consistent style, whate'er it be, increases maintainability.

Thanks,
Chuck Stevenson