Hi Jerry

The windows version works pretty much the same.  I have found select lists to
perform far faster in windows than unix, I am not sure why.  You should also
look at using Virtual environments, a number of our clients are beginning to
use this and UniVerse seems to work well on this.  With windows servers, a lot
of clients are using backup snapshots multiple times a day.  You should look at
building database pause and start as part of that process.  You will need to
modify security policy to allow users to login to the server if they are using
telnet, this is explained in previous u2-list emails.  You can switch on the
Unix routines on in windows.  You need to be careful of virus software on the
server running on the windows server as some conflict with UniVerse.

My biggest pain is dropped processes that hang onto record locks, it is often a
convoluted process to release them.

Regards

David Jordan