Thanks, I had already used UCI Editor and defined the exact same parameters
as on our existing server.
I just tried removing the additional line that our server has (MAXFETCHBUFF
= 16384) and the test connection now passes on my PC, so there must be an
issue with that parameter in the newer driver version.

Cheers,
Chris