From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Anthony W.
Youngman
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 2:19 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Worst Case/Best Case

In message <002a01ca37d4$03bc58b0$0b350a...@com>, Symeon Breen
<syme...@gmail.com> writes
Just to pick up on one point - I am a .net developer but we use u2 as
the data store in a growing business with many new customers every
year. It is more a problem with peoples mindset than a problem with u2
technology itself, lets home rocket can tackle this head on.

As I KEEP banging on, it's EASY to prove that U2 (and MV in general) is
a far better database engine than an RDBMS, we just need to show that to
management.

"Efficiency" and "relational" are NOT compatible, and the maths to prove
it is simple.

Einstein's corollary to Occam - "make it as simple as possible, but no
simpler" - relational is OVER simplified.

Cheers,
Wol
Anthony W. Youngman <pi...@thewolery.demon.co.uk>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the
thimble. 'What *is* he?' said Magrat. 'They're gnomes,' said Nanny. The man
lowered the thimble. 'Pictsies!' Carpe Jugulum, Terry Pratchett 1998
Visit the MaVerick web-site - <http://www.maverick-dbms.org> Open Source Pick