Matt:

You can also use a product called DesignBais. It handles most of the issues you'll encounter going to a "stateless" environment. It has it's own framework already built so you can piggyback right onto these frameworks. It uses UniObjects and is easy to install and setup in a U2 environment (I don't know about other environments). It's fast and will be able to handle your needs. Your learning curve will be significantly lower than an ASP.NET environment, where you'll have to learn everything and build your own frameworks to do most everything.

We use both ASP.NET and DesignBais and have found it significantly easier to work with DB. This is because I don't have the time or patience to become an ASP.NET expert and to build all the ASP.NET frameworks required by any MV application. This is even true as we use mv.NET for our ASP.NET connectivity. Without this "middleware" product earlier development was pretty much impossible to get right using 3rd party ASP.NET developers and me. But with mv.NET we're able to get things done and I can manage all of the connectivity issues.

HTH,

Bill