Thanks for the help.

It seems once you name your common block you do not get the error anymore.

Just having a read of the documentation about the common statement in the
documentation.

"A common area can be either named or unnamed. An unnamed common area is
lost when the program completes its execution and control returns to the
UniVerse
command level. A named common area remains available for as long as the user
remains in the UniVerse environment."

>From what it says I should be able to have them unnamed and loose it between
>subroutine calls.

Regards

Adrian Halid
Senior Analyst/Programmer

IT Vision Australia Pty Ltd (ABN: 34 309 336 904)
PO Box 881, Canning Bridge WA 6153
Level 3, Kirin Centre, 15 Ogilvie Road, Applecross, WA, 6153
P:  (08) 9315 7000      F:  (08) 9315 7088
E:  adrian.ha...@itvision.com.au        W: http://www.itvision.com.au

NOTICE : This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only
and may
contain confidential or privileged material. Any unauthorised review, use,
alteration,
disclosure or distribution of this e-mail (including any attachments) by an
unintended recipient
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
as soon as
possible by return e-mail and then delete both messages.