Richard,

When Universe shells down via the DOS command, it (Universe) doesn't reliably handle standard output and/or error. The result is that DOS output isn't always captured when EXECUTE'd (it seems to depend on the command).

A more reliable strategy is to redirect the command output into a type 1 or 19 file, then READ it in.

rex

Richard Blackman wrote:
Hi All,
I am trying to capture the output from an EXECUTE statement on a command
line program but nothing is being captured, even though I know there is some
output.

Here is the command

         CMD = '"C:\usr\lib\sendmail -t < ':EMAIL.TEMPFILE:'"'
         EXECUTE "DOS /c":CMD CAPTURING TRASH

Cheers,

Richard Blackman