From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of MAJ
Programming
Sent: 03 November 2009 15:10
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Microdata Conversion

To All:

The day is finally approaching. One of my Microdata clients is now
wanting to switch to a contemporary platform.

Because of being a Microdata, I have a fork in the road: 1) Do I pursue
a system that can run in Microdata Flavor, ie Unidata or 2) do I
endeavour on the path of either programatically or manually changing the
true-PQN procs to more traditional PQ procs to end up on a D3 system.

Also, I recall one of my other clients having switched from MCD to UD
before me and there must have been a dictionary converter to go from the
10 line items to the 7 line items. That converter put the original 10
line dict (attributed) on line 10 of the new dict item, replacing @am
with @vm's.

I would like to gather opinions from anyone who has done such a
conversion as well as from VAR's that could facilitate either the
specific sale and/or the conversion.

You may contact me directly at m.john...@jaydeetrucking.com

Thanks
Mark Johnson

<head>
</head>
<P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt"><SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 8.2pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'MS Sans Serif'">This e-mail and any
attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee
only. If you have received this message in error, you must not copy, distribute
or disclose the contents; please notify the sender immediately and delete the
message. </SPAN></P>
<P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt"><SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 8.2pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'MS Sans Serif'">This message is
attributed to the sender and may not necessarily reflect the view of Travis
Perkins plc or its subsidiaries (Travis Perkins). Agreements binding Travis
Perkins may not be concluded by means of e-mail communication. </SPAN></P>
<P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt"><SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 8.2pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'MS Sans Serif'">E-mail transmissions are
not secure and Travis Perkins accepts no responsibility for changes made to
this
message after it was sent. Whilst steps have been taken to ensure that this
message is virus free, Travis Perkins accepts no liability for infection and
recommends that you scan this e-mail and any attachments. </SPAN></P>
<P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0pt"><SPAN
style="FONT-SIZE: 8.2pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'MS Sans Serif'">Part of Travis Perkins
plc. Registered Office: Lodge Way House, Lodge Way, Harlestone Road,
Northampton, NN5 7UG. </SPAN></P>
</BODY>
</HTML>