From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
Sent: Thursday, 24 December 2009 6:41 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Slow Universe/Win processes dropping

One of our clients with Universe over Windows has something
causing their system to periodically run Very slowly with high
CPU utilization.  Rocket Support is on it.

Until the core issue is resolved, client/server interfaces via
UO.NET and Telnet will see that the server is not responsive for
some period of time, and all they can do is disconnect the client
side.  Of course the server side can't be disconnected in this
scenario, and unfortunately the connections aren't
"automatically" dropping when the CPU comes available again.

My question is: what are the current/best mechanisms for getting
Universe/Windows to promptly terminate Telnet and UO connections
when the client has gone away?

Thanks!

Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development