I wasn't familiar with the term cube and I did some research.  I found
this.

"The ideal structure for such storage is a star schema, realized as a
multidimensional cube. In such a structure, tables are related not in the
relational manner of an RDBMS, but by a central key table that defines the
dimensions along which data will be gathered from logically-related
tables. For this to work, data must be denormalized. "

That sounds a lot like an MV database.  Wouldn't MV databases be the
natural platform for data mining?  Maybe I am oversimplifying.

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation