We have a large ERP system on UniVerse 9.6 on HP-UX.

We have thousands of files - many of which are distributed and / or indexed.

I am trying to work out how to get an overview of the indices on all the
files.

I would like to get a summary of which fields are indexed on each file.

Distributed files are allowed to have different indices on each part-file.

That (for us) is unusual but possible. I want to make sure they do not get
out of step.

Ideally I want to  I want to view  a listing of all the indexed files with
the indexed file paths and the individual field details.

The LIST.INDEX works on one file only.

Just identifying the files with an index is not straightforward as it
involves opening every file and checking the STATUS attributes.

That does not give any insight into the indexed fields of each file.

Any suggestions as to the best way of achieving this?

I am thinking that I need to get the files from the I_filename directories
in the account home directory and the parse the details from the MAP files.

Is there an easier way?

Cheers

JR