> From: Will Johnson
> > Does anybody know what's up with a job in Oakland to
> > convert Universe ?

> From: Dave Taylor
> Try calling the HR dept or the IT dept at Kaiser
> Permanente Headquarters in Oakland.

And pass them the following link which contains articles about
Oxford Health Plans, another bright HMO that decided to migrate
from MV and failed miserably:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.pick/msg/0dd350c443
974627
(Good thing I got those because the original sources are gone.)

This isn't to say all migrations from MV will fail.  It's just
that migration isn't always the right solution to the problem,
and migrations need to be properly considered and implemented.

Reynolds and Reynolds is another fine example of a disastrous
migration failure by people who didn't understand what they had
or what they were migrating to.

Pick people need to be more assertive about what the platform can
do or we'll continue to see migrations - some successful, some
failures, all shrinking this marketing and costing people their
jobs.  My business was founded with the intent of helping
companies to avoid this very problem.

Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com