I whole-heartedly agree. We use both Zebras and Print Wizard ... actually on
Tony G's recommendation. And while PW does a great job with paper printout of
barcodes plus its versatility, it would not serve our purposes for barcoded
labels.   Two very different requirements!  And while I supposed I could route
all the Zebras through print wizard, as they do have a Windows driver, but it
would be silly to do so. Plus I don't think it could keep up - 7 (about to be
8) hospitals and roughly 30 clinics with labs, all printing labels all day long
with each job being at least 3 labels.  Not to mention the increased network
traffic sending a Windows job to the printer over a couple k of ZPL.

Rob

Robert F. Porter, MCSE, CCNA, ZCE
Lead Sr. Programmer / Analyst
Laboratory Information Services
Ochsner Health System

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

>>> "Brian Leach" <br...@brianleach.co.uk> 2/26/2010 10:11 AM >>>
Tony

You're missing the point - Zebras a fast thermal (damn expensive) printers
dedicated to barcode labelling. You won't get the same speed out of a
regular printer...

:)

Brian