From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Anthony W. Youngman
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 1:59 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] [UV] On Linux

In message <734517.36695...@web36904.mail.mud.yahoo.com>, Jacques G.
<jacque...@yahoo.com> writes
>Hello,
>
>I've it mentioned a few times that Universe is available on Linux.   On
>what flavor of Linux is it available ?   Has anyone here been using it
>and are there any issues versus how it works on UNIX ?

Look on the compatibility matrix.

I'm pretty certain that RedHat/Intel is supported. I *think* SuSE/Intel
is *probably* supported.

I certainly have the impression that SuSE is supported but it might be
SuSE/390 for mainframes.

I've also seen reports of it running on other linuxen, but installing it
can be a pig. The RedHat options on the install don't necessarily work
on other versions, and you might find yourself having to edit the
install script (in particular the cpio options), or messing about with
the runlevels to get the daemon to start by default.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <pi...@thewolery.demon.co.uk>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the