So I finally rebooted our server and it was found to be a little faster
but not as fast as it once was.

I then realized that the slowness was mostly our menu system.  I started
doing HASH.HELP and then resizing the data files used by the menu
system.  Our menu system has new (approx. one year old) built-in
workflow messaging functionality.

After I resized MESSAGES using the numbers given by UniVerse (per the
following); we are now once again lightning fast.

--Bill

File MESSAGES  Type= 2  Modulo= 1  Sep= 1
Of the 1011 total keys in this file:

   1011  keys were wholly numeric (digits 0 thru 9)

The smallest modulo you should consider for this file is 131.
The smallest separation you should consider for this file is 2.
The best type to choose for this file is probably type 2.